Thursday, November 5, 2009

ARMY BUILDING: AI initial squadron lists

I started painting my four Imperial Navy Thunderbolts first as I imagined them to be the core planes of my Navy wing. I had originally planned to paint my whole IN wing together but then I realised it would be better to paint up a handful of Ork planes next, and then when they were done I could try the models out in some small games while I got the rest of the planes finished.

So I drew up some basic squadron lists from Tactica Imperialis for my IN and Ork air Waaagh.

Imperial Navy
Thunderbolt, additional weapons load
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt
84 points

Ork air Waaagh
Fighta, additional weapons load
Fighta, additional weapons load
Fighta
Fighta
Fighta-Bommer, additional weapons load
82 points

The Ork aircraft are cheaper than the Imperial aircraft so have five planes to four, have more additional weapon loads and come in two points cheaper overall.

I have no idea how effective any of the wings will be until I get them on the tabletop.

Righto, back to the painting...

2 comments:

  1. The additional weapons loads are cool on the Ork planes, lets you put out a sick amount of fire. However I think I like the speed upgrade better. Great for getting behind those pesky thunderbolts and allows you to keep up with the Lightnings and Eldar vehicles.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always tweak the army lists later in light of playtesting the game. The initial lists were just so that I had roughly equal forces.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete