Friday, October 30, 2009

MODELLING: Ork air Waaagh

It's taken me six hours today to put together my Ork air Waaagh for Aeronautica Imperialis. Some of the models went together just fine but others were badly cast and/or twisted and bent. I had to soak many pieces in hot water to straighten them up. I'm not convinced I've got everything perfect but hey, they are Orks so I think I'll get away with it.

I have six fightas, three with rokkits or bombs, four fighta-bommers, two with bombs and one with grot bombs, and a big bommer.

I also put together two flying grot bombs. They were the most frustrating models to construct because they were so fragile; they just couldn't stand up to cleaning up the flash and mould lines. I threw two in the bin and have shelved the broken bits of others in my bits box.

I've just undercoated both my Imperial Navy wing and the Orks with Chaos Black spray and I'll be painting up my Orks first.

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this system .. but honestly I'm trying to re-enter 40K and also on a tight budget (thanks to the recession) so an all forgeworld game is sort of off the table at this point. Still I'm really interested in it. How does it play relative to BFG? The Ork planes look nice ... its tempting to find something in the right scale and just do some conversions ... ah if only I had some opponents in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great game. My comrade in arms enjoy it. I hope you will

    ReplyDelete