Sunday, June 29, 2008

MODELLING:

After much huffing and puffing, and many delays, my Chaos Space Marine army is totally complete. That means I can now move onto phase two of my 40k plans.

And that means Apocalypse.

I have already built and painted my Baneblade, so my second and final super heavy (for the moment) will be my Brass Scorpion conversion. It is loosely based on the Stalk Tank from Dan Abnett's novels - you can see sketch of one on page 89 of the Sabbat Worlds Crusade book.

Here is how she looks at the moment.


I've lengthened the legs of the defiler and put the main body on the back. This has made the whole model bigger and longer. I haven't glued the legs to the body yet so she keeps sagging down and losing some height. I plan on mounting her on a scenic base when she's finished so fixed position legs won't be a problem.

I'm now trying to build the neck/head parts which have me stumped at the moment. I've done the first part which detaches from the body for easy transportation but I'm not sure how to do the second part of the articulation. Real life Preying Mantis' have long slender necks but I don't know how to represent this on my model.


Anyway, I'll plod on with my modelling for the next week or so and see if I can come up with any answers.

While you're waiting for modelling updates you can read my latest Daemonhunters battle report here. This was a brawl against the Black Templars, no doubt getting wind of Inquisitor Severus' penchant for using Daemonhosts. Naughty boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment