Sunday, May 11, 2008

APOCALYPSE: Chaos Daemons

Following the release of the Chaos Daemons codex on the 10th May I have stripped all of the Daemonic models out of my Chaos Space Marine army and used them to build a Chaos Daemon army. I expect the army to play terribly on the tabletop because it is essentially just a random collection of models buy hey, it's a 'free' army for a new codex so I'm not complaining.

Here's the list:

HQ
  • Great Unclean One, cloud of flies, aura of decay, breath of chaos, unholy might, instrument of chaos
  • Herald of Nurgle, palanquin, breath of chaos, chaos icon, aura of decay
Elites
  • Beast of Nurgle, Noxious Touch
Troops
  • 9 Bloodletters, Fury of Khorne
  • 9 Plaguebearers, Noxious Touch
  • 6 Daemonettes, Transfixing gaze
Fast Attack
  • 8 Furies
Heavy Support
  • Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, instrument of chaos, unholy might, aura of acquiescence, soporific musk, transfixing gaze, pavane of slaanesh
  • Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, iron hide, instrument of chaos, unholy might, master of sorcery, soul devourer, bolt of Tzeentch, daemonic gaze, boon of mutation
Points: 1398

As you can see I've gone a bit bonkers on the gifts and upgrades. That's because I was trying to make a 1500 point army. Even so, I fell about 100 points short. In theory I could add a Soulgrinder or maybe some Tzeentch daemons to cover the shortfall and then cut back on the upgrades but I don't know that I'll ever field my daemons as a proper 1500 point army anyway. In all likelihood I'll just use them as part of an Apocalypse army.

I'll be back shortly with my Apocalypse Chaos Space Marine redux.

No comments:

Post a Comment