Tuesday, January 22, 2008

GENERAL: Where is human nature so weak as in the bookshop?

Today's post is a 'bonus' because I was due to be out playing Gary in the sixth game of our Phoenix campaign. He is poorly (must be all those Nurgle units I've been using lately), so I thought I'd bring you all up to date with my reading habits.

The more observant of you may have spotted my Shelfari bookshelf on the bottom right of this blog. I've been going through my entire book collection (along with that of my girlfriend) and cataloging it on Shelfari. I'm still not finished yet, but I have managed to draw up a sub-list of the Games Workshop publications I am yet to read.

It's a big sub-list!

Here's what I own and still need to read:
  • Inquisition sourcebook
  • Imperial Armour Three: The Taros campaign
  • Liber Chaotica
  • Storm of Chaos
  • Imperial Infantryman's Primer (Damocles Gulf edition)
  • The Life of Sigmar
  • Faith and Fire
  • Storm of Iron
  • Dark Apostle
  • Cardinal Crimson
  • Warriors of Ultramar
  • Dead Sky, Black Sun
  • 13th Legion
  • Kill Team
  • Annihilation Squad
  • Ravenor Rogue
  • Ork codex
I reckon I could go all year without buying a book and still not finish everything above. The bad news is that there are a lot of GW books due out this year that I want.

No, need.

So far I have spotted:
  • Legion
  • Brothers of the Snake (paperback)
  • Killing Ground
  • Battle for the Abyss
  • Red Fury
  • Only in Death (paperback)
  • Titanicus
  • Mechanicum
  • The Imperial Guard Omnibus
And that is just the novels! There are also rumoured to be a shedload of 40k publications due, such as:
  • Daemon codex
  • Dark Eldar codex
  • Space marine codex
  • 40k 5th edition
  • Planetstrike supplement
I know it is three weeks too late but my resolution on the reading front is to try and get through my unread list before I buy any more books. Any books I do buy I promise to read immediately so that they don't just get added to the unread pile. Of course I'll post up thorough reviews as I go and I'll periodically return to this list and let you know how I'm getting on.

Now, back to Ravenor Rogue...

No comments:

Post a Comment