Monday, September 24, 2007

NEWS AND RUMOURS: Games Day aftermath

I got back from Games Day UK late yesterday so I have tons of stuff to report. I had planned to post just before I left but my internet connection was lousy (I have just switched ISP's) so I had to just pack up and go, much to my girlfriend's consternation as she couldn't get onto Facebook while I was away.

I spent about £200 during the day and here is my swag (in no particular order).
  • Descent of Angels - covering the exploits of the Dark Angels in the Horus Heresy
  • The Lightning Tower/The Dark King - two limited edition (1500 copies) Horus Heresy short stories by Dan Abnett and Graham McNeill
  • Armour of Contempt - the latest paperback Gaunt's Ghosts book
  • Aeronautica Imperialis rulebook - air warfare in the 41st millennium
  • Tactica Aeronautica - sourcebook for AI
  • Apocalypse - the expansion book, dice and limited edition bag
  • Munitorum manual - 40k Imperial Guard sourcebook by Graham McNeill
  • Space Marine veterans mkii - to add to my Blood Angels
  • Chaos Renegade Militia - 10 more torsos plus arms, an assault weapon pack, rogue psykers and brass etched symbols
A pretty great haul which puts a severe dent in my New Model Fund. All that kit will keep me occupied well into next year, though. Expect reviews of all of this stuff over the coming weeks.

I also have photos of lots of new kit that GW previewed at the event. I'll post them here later this morning once I have edited them.

Finally I plan to review the event itself. I've got lots of photos of the gaming tables, and I thought it might be fun to show people who haven't been to Gamesday before just what the crazy day is like.

Hang on, it's going to be a rough ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment