Friday, August 3, 2007

NEW MODEL FUND: The big push

It is over four weeks since I updated my New Model Fund. This is largely because I haven't done much in the way of buying and selling models. That is all about to change in the near future. I have already listed some Warhammer figures on e-bay. These were bought for some long-ago forgotten modelling project which never materialised. If you are interested in Dogs of War I recommend you check out the auctions here.

The major action, though, will take place over the next two or three weeks. I plan to sell my entire Praetorian Imperial Guard army. This is a rough and ready list of the models I have.
  • 5 Lascannon
  • Autocannon
  • 70 Infantry (lasguns and some special weapons)
  • 4 Command
  • Mortar
These models are really difficult to track down outside of Games Workshop mail order and they sell for £2.50+ per model there. Someone could pick up a real bargain with my guys. This will be a first for me as I will be selling the entire army in one auction. I was never sure whether it was better to split armies up into individual squads or keep them together. Now I'll find out.

Once I have found out how that sale goes I'll decide on how to go about an even bigger sale. All this income is aimed at putting as much money in my pocket as possible before Games Day. I really want to buy pretty much my entire Chaos Renegade Militia army on the day.

In the meantime, the only change to my New Model Fund is the payment of some e-bay fees.
  • Total income from sales (and my penny jar) £342.36
  • Less selling fees £31.02
  • Less models bought £135.16
  • New model fund £176.18

No comments:

Post a Comment