Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm posting this on Sunday morning, hungover. Triple Jack Daniels will do that to you. I know I won't get any sympathy because my pain is self inflicted so I won't bang on about it...

So I got my latest Forgeworld newsletter and I'm finding it harder and harder to resist Aeronautica Imperialis. The big release is the Eldar Vampire Raider. It seems like a big model and it looks OK, but I'm not a big Eldar fan so this model doesn't excite me too much. The Thunderhawk is similarly large but is more to my tastes, a bit of a bruiser. If I got one I'd paint it up in Blood Angels colours.

The Arvus is a transport. It looks to be a very detailed sculpt and has bags of character. It's nice to see that the game isn't just about big killy stuff with massive guns. Anti-aircraft guns, missile silos and radar stations seem to suggest that missions will play a big part in the game.

I've heard that some players are having to wait a long time for delivery of the models as Forgeworld frantically tries to meet the demand. I may just wait a few months until everything settles down before I take the plunge.

As I have mentioned before, if I do buy any models the cash has to come from selling old models and gaming gear. I want to widen that slightly by including monies from my penny jar. It was overflowing after all my nights out around Christmas and New Year (I go out with three £20 notes and come back with £10 in silver and copper coins). So I counted it up and put some of it in the bank. My kitty now stands at £13.

Whoo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment